Re: Broken links on main site and other issues

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: "w^3" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken links on main site and other issues
Date: 2010-07-11 14:45:24
Lists: pgsql-www

On 11 July 2010 15:13, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:

>> I don't know if this right or not, but the license info on
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit84.html.en (BSD) doesn't
>> match the main license page: http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence
>> (PostgreSQL)
>
> well the licence got clarified after 8.4 was released, not sure if we should
> edit the presskit text after the fact - comments?

Actually, I agree with that. It should stay.

>> The alphas page contains redundant info about 9.0a4:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/alpha which is linked to by this
>> page: http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing
>
> I don't follow - what kind of information do you find redundant on that
> page? Or are you actually wondering about the fact that we still have alpha
> information up when we are already at Beta2(3)?

I just mention it as someone who doesn't know the current state of
things may go to the alphas page assuming that's the latest version.
I don't see any benefit in providing links to alpha builds when
they're long out of date. Or at least mention that they've been
preceded by betas.

>> For some reason, the Turkish press kit on
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/ is served with the text/troff
>> mime type.  Is this normal?
>
> heh - that's triggered by the file ending and apache's mod_mime - will see
> what I can do about that (though I wonder why nobody noticed so far)...

Thought that might be the case.

Thanks

Thom