Re: recovery.conf location

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: recovery.conf location
Date: 2010-09-27 00:35:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>> I noticed that there's no way to specify the location of recovery.conf
>> in postgresql.conf.  The pg_hba and pg_ident files can be altered, so
>> I'm wondering why this file can't have a specified location.  In
>> Ubuntu, all configuration files are in a different location to the
>> cluster by default, so the postgresql.conf file comes with the
>> hba_file and ident_file parameters set to the configuration directory.
>>  I'd imagine it would be preferable to keep all conf files in the same
>> place.
>
> +1
>
> That parameter would be useful when user makes multiple standbys see
> the same recovery.conf located in NFS or elsewhere.

Maybe i'm missing something but this would be a problem if we put a
trigger file and the recovery.conf gets renamed to recovery.done, no?
at least that would be a problem for the standbys that still need to
be standbys

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL