Database Administrator Wanted - Troy MI

From: Gordon Rimac <gordon(dot)rimac(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Administrator Wanted - Troy MI
Date: 2010-05-20 20:51:14
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hi, my company is looking for a full time DBA in the Troy, MI area.
The majority of work will center around PostgreSQL. If anyone is
interested please contact Deb Fonseca at careers(at)nabancard(dot)com

------------

Location: Troy, Michigan
Employee Type: Full-Time
Education: 2 Year Degree
Experience: 3 to 10 years
Base Pay: $50,000 - $70,000 /Year

Contact Information
Deb Fonseca, Corporate Recruiter for North American Bancard
Phone: 248-283-6216
Fax: 248-283-6160

Description North American Bancard is one of the fastest growing
companies in Michigan!  Due to this growth, we are adding staff to our
IT Department and we are looking for a Database Administrator to help
maintain our database servers. This candidate will be involved with
the setup of new databases, managing existing databases, and the
creation of database queries/reports.

We offer a fun, casual environment in a beautiful new headquarters in
Troy, Mi.  We seek out hardworking individuals, with exceptional
talent that are seeking a stable and reliable employer with room for
growth.

Skills needed to be considered for this role:
Extensive PostgreSQL experience required
Extensive Microsoft SQL Server experience preferred
Experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows servers
Experience automating tasks with Perl, shell or similar scripts
Solid understanding of database design, security, replication,
caching, queries and optimization
Experience with Business Intelligence software
Report creation
Strong troubleshooting skills

North American Bancard practices the concept of equal employment
opportunity with respect to hiring, promotions, transfers, pay,
discipline, fringe benefits, and all other terms and conditions of
employment. No individual will be discriminated against, and no
employment decisions will be made, on the basis of an individual's
race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, protected
disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, height,
weight or citizenship.