Re: autovacuum strategy / parameters

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Rick <richard(dot)branton(at)ca(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: autovacuum strategy / parameters
Date: 2010-05-01 11:39:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Which is the opposite of my experience; currently we have several
> clients who have issues which required more-frequent analyzes on
> specific tables.

That's all fine, but probably not too relevant to the original
complaint - the OP backed off the default settings by several orders
of magnitude, which might very well cause a problem with both VACUUM
and ANALYZE.

I don't have a stake in the ground on what the right settings are, but
I think it's fair to say that if you vacuum OR analyze much less
frequently than what we recommend my default, it might break.

...Robert