Re: BUG #5817: Language problem...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: jengeno(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5817: Language problem...
Date: 2011-01-06 17:42:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM, <jengeno(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5817
> Logged by:
> Email address:      jengeno(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: any, so far
> Operating system:   Windows 7
> Details:
>
> I use a W7 english operating system, with Norwegian input (keyboard etc).
>
> Every version of postgres I have tried to install has stopped on the fact
> that it does not recognize "Norsk bokmål" as system locale. (It seems to
> stop on the letter "å" in "bokmål")
>
> No big issue, as all I have to do is change the system locale to English,
> but it should also be an easy problem to fix(?). (To me it seems the
> installer is trying to READ the systems locale instead of just use it from
> MY machine. When it does not recognize it, everything stops)
>
> And I have tried installing postres from the newest version to 8,3 without
> success (before changing to english)

The installer builds a list of available locales by using a Windows
API to query the system. It then populates the combo box, and adds a
"Default locale" option to the list, which if selected, means that the
installer will leave initdb to choose the locale based on the
environment.

It's not clear from your report if the list is not populated
correctly, or if default option fails. Can you provide the installer
log from %TEMP%?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com