Re: Broken website link

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: otto(dot)hirr(at)olabinc(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Broken website link
Date: 2011-01-19 09:03:27
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Otto Hirr <otto(dot)hirr(at)olabinc(dot)com> wrote:
> FYI,
> The link for
> Page states:
>  Note that the pgInstaller distribution of PostgreSQL
>  for Windows includes a bundled copy of pgAdmin.
> where 'pgInstaller' is a link to a non-existent directory.
> Possibly it should be changed to the link on page
> which points to

I've changed it to point directly at the latest download page URL. The
change will show up soon.

> The page,, could
> use a bit more work on disambiguating the differences between
> "One Click Installer" and "pgInstaller"... (but then that is
> a different site, however since this will most likely go to
> Dave Page, who most likely can update both, I thought I'd
> make a comment...)

That page was written after a great deal of discussion and a lot of
bikeshedding to figure out the best content - I don't want to re-open
that discussion whilst the majority of people are happy with it!

Plus, I disagree. It tells you the focus of each package, it tells you
who maintains them (both the company - where applicable - and the
people), and it warns that pgInstaller is only maintained for 8.2/8.3.

Thanks for the feedback though :-)

Dave Page
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: