Re: SQL/MED - core functionality

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL/MED - core functionality
Date: 2010-11-25 14:16:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 22:03, Heikki Linnakangas
> I propose the attached API instead. This has a clear separation between plan
> and execution.

The APIs seem to be cleaner. The previous ones might be too straight
implementation of the SQL standard.

But I have some questions about the new APIs:
1. Doesn't FdwPlan need to inherit Plan struct?
2. Doesn't FdwPlan need to support copyObject()?
3. If "Datum *values, bool *isnulls" is the better interface,
why do we use TupleTableSlot? We might have the similar issue
in the index-only scan; it also handles virtual tuples.

--
Itagaki Takahiro