twitter_fdw-0.1

From: Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: twitter_fdw-0.1
Date: 2010-12-02 07:31:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've written twitter_fdw, which makes "twitter" table to get twitter
search result by SELECT statement. This is done against WIP SQL/MED
version PostgreSQL (git sha-1 is
c5e027c32b8faf0e2d25b8deecb4d3c05399411c). To play with it, make &&
make install, run the install script as you usually do so with contrib
modules and connect the server, then,

SELECT from_user, created_at, text FROM twitter WHERE q = '#postgresql';

or so. Please find attached archive and enjoy it!

FDW handlers for Web Services tend to be more difficult than file_fdw
and easier than postgresql_fdw in many cases. SERVER options and USER
MAPPING will be a great help to login remote services. I'd really love
to see in the future countless FDW modules to connect to various web
services that is installed by CREATE EXTENSION distributed by PGXN
(btw, congrats on your goal!).

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada

Next:From: ghatpandeDate: 2010-12-02 07:48:06