reference to project ideas

From: Ryan <ryan(dot)deadbeef(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reference to project ideas
Date: 2011-03-23 04:22:33
Lists: pgsql-students

Dear postgresql developers,
I am greatly interested in participating this year gsoc. The guide
wiki is really helpful. But for each individual idea, where can I find
references to it. For example, "Eliminate 1GB memory allocation limit
for individual queries". I tried to chat on the irc channel, but it
seems the topics there are not gsoc related.
Another question is, do we need to read majority of the code before
getting started? I've read only a small portion of it.
Thanks,

--
Ryan