Re: difference between functions and stored procedure

From: Chetan Suttraway <chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: siva kiran balijepalli <b(dot)sivakiran(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: difference between functions and stored procedure
Date: 2011-03-10 09:42:25
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM, siva kiran balijepalli <
b(dot)sivakiran(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can any one of u please tell me the diunction and a stored procedure??
> In postgresql there is no command like "create or replace procedure"??
> we haev to use "create function " for creating the procedures.. so how
> doest the server differentaites between those two???
>
> please reply me...
>

> regards
> sivakiran.B

Please go through the below links:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2000-10/msg00123.php
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/15-Stored-Procedures-in-PostgreSQL.html
http://postgresqldbnews.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-procedure-in-postgresql-using.html

--
Chetan Sutrave
Senior Software Engineer

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains
information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.