I am getting this error. Can anyone helpplease

From: Olalekan Samuel <olalekansamuel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jnbpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I am getting this error. Can anyone helpplease
Date: 2011-01-18 10:52:35
Lists: jnbpug
Hi all,

I am new to this mailing list and I am not sure if anyone can help. the
scenario is that I have two table: Table A and table B. I am trying to use
ejb to delete from Table A but I am getting this error

Batch entry 0 delete from Table A where id='1' was aborted.  Call
getNextException to see the cause. update or delete on table "A" violates
foreign key constraint. How to do I do the delete?

Thank you

Ogunleye Olalekan Samuel (Msc, Computer Science, UCT)
Mobile Technology Developer, Researcher and Business Analyst
African Advanced Institute for Information
and Communications Technology
Meraka, Institute
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Pretoria
South Africa
Mobile: +27(0) 73 0786965
Office:  +27(0) 12 8412676
http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~olaoye/index.html<http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/%7Eolaoye/index.html>

jnbpug by date

Next:From: Philip.RoyDate: 2011-04-03 11:06:52