Re: Bug with exceptionally long values.

From: Jeff Adams <jadams(at)azavea(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug with exceptionally long values.
Date: 2010-07-28 11:59:09
Lists: pgadmin-support

The class that I experience the problem with is the ctlSQLGrid, which
extends wxGrid. I don't know wxWidgets at all, but in the grid sample class
they have an example of setting a cell renderer, perhaps you could add a
cell renderer that changes the background color [or even renders a string
that says "Sorry, too long!"] based on the strlen? That should have fairly
minimal performance impact since it will only affect the N rows being
actually rendered, not the entire result set.

The example is /wxWidgets-2.8.11/samples/grid/griddemo.cpp line 299.

Jeff

--
Jeff Adams
Azavea (formerly Avencia) | T: 215.701.7717 | F: 215.925.2663