Obsolete description in pg_ctl-ref.sgml

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Obsolete description in pg_ctl-ref.sgml
Date: 2010-12-09 11:45:23
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi,

I found some obsolete descriptions in pg_ctl-ref.sgml.
Could you apply the attached patch?

> Notes
>
> Waiting for complete startup is not a well-defined operation and
> might fail if access control is set up so that a local client cannot
> connect without manual interaction (e.g., password authentication).
> For additional connection variables, see Section 31.13, and for
> passwords, also see Section 31.14.

The above also seems to be obsolete, thanks to recently-introduced
PQping. Can we remove that?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2010-12-11 04:27:36