Re: SSPI client authentication in non-Windows builds

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSPI client authentication in non-Windows builds
Date: 2011-01-17 14:09:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 14:11, Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> this patch adds support for connecting to servers running on Windows
> and requesting SSPI authentication. It does this by treating
> AUTH_REQ_SSPI the same as AUTH_REQ_GSS if no native SSPI support is
> available.
>
> In addition to being generally useful, this is a workaround to a
> problem with MIT KfW that I encountered back in September 2010 [1].
>
> This change has been tested and works correctly on FreeBSD 8.1, using
> the Kerberos and GSSAPI libraries from Heimdal 1.4. The server is
> running PostgreSQL 9.0.2 on Windows 2008.

Does this require some certain minimum version of the kerberos
libraries? Do you know if it works with just Heimdal or both Heimdal
and MIT?

What I'm after is: do we need a autoconf check, or a #ifdef, or
something to make sure we don't enable it in a scenario where it won't
work?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/