Re: BUG #5305: Postgres service stops when closing Windows session

From: "Soporte (at) Teksol SA" <soporte(at)teksol(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Chris Travers <chris(at)metatrontech(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5305: Postgres service stops when closing Windows session
Date: 2010-08-20 11:55:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

From my side, i have no choice to get the stack trace from production
servers where i found the issue. I have another several servers with
almost the same config to development purposes and no crashes there. I
don't have any code into the database, there is no compiled functions,
just sql queries from php code, using persistant connections
pg_pconnect().

All bugs sseams to be the same issue, took some time to relate the
crashes with exit code 128 to the terminal session ends, sometimes
there is more than one session started.

Is just a world wide issue or is something that affects to a
non-USenglish version of Windows 2003 Standard x64 Servers?
mine are in spanish lang, other report is in french lang, other report
came from british. And seems to be independant from Postgres version,
i use 8.3.9 and there is another report with 8.4.1. There is a new
version of PgAdmin, maybe should i replace the original provided with
postgres.

all appreciate your big effort,

Cristian.