Re: Patch for "big features" section of release notes

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for "big features" section of release notes
Date: 2010-08-06 17:55:20
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached is a patch re-arranging some of the features in the first part
> of the release notes, as well as adding a few.  The additions are based
> on (a) votes on what's a big feature for 9.0, and (b) a desire to match
> the features listed elsewhere, such as the press kit.

This patch reverts a bunch of the changes in Erik Rijkers' previous
doc patch.  Since you didn't mention anything about that, I'm guessing
it was unintentional.  Using git can help avoid these kinds of
mistakes... rebase is your friend.  If it was intentional, let's
discuss.  Anyhow, I've somewhat painstakingly extracted what I believe
to be the intentional changes and am committing those now.  Please
check.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company