Performance Test for PostgreSQL9

From: Selva manickaraja <mavles78(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9
Date: 2011-02-28 03:26:38
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

We have installed PostgreSQL9 and setup standby(s). Now we have to test the
performance before we migrate all the data from Informix. The PostgreSQL9
that we installed is the Linux version from EnterpriseDB which runs on Red
Hat. The documentation on PostgreSQL website shows that we have gmake from
source. So for that purpose we downloaded the source into a UBuntu machine
to gmake and install it. But UBuntu on the other hand complaints that it
can't find gmake. So looks like we are stuck here.

What should we do?
(1) Is the a binary for the Regression Test module that can be downloaded
and ran from the RedHat environment? OR
(2) If there are no binary, how to proceed if gmake does not run in UBuntu?

Please assist.

Regards,

Selvam