Experienced Postgresql DBA in Portland, Oregon

From: Michael Crozier <crozierm(at)conducivetech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Experienced Postgresql DBA in Portland, Oregon
Date: 2010-10-06 16:59:32
Lists: pdxpugpgsql-jobs
Conducive Technology Corp. is a leading publisher of flight information to
travelers and businesses around the world. Over 3 million unique users visit
our FlightStats.com website each month, and we deliver real-time flight and
other travel-related data via a library of web services. The company has
established itself as a trusted data provider to many of the biggest names
in travel, Internet search and mobile services.

We are searching for an experienced database administrator for our Portland
office. In this role, the successful candidate will manage the following:

* Postgresql administration on UNIX (Solaris, Linux) systems:
  - install
  - configure
  - troubleshoot
  - security
  - maintain
  - schema alteration
  - triggers, functions, stored procedures
  - tablespaces
* Replication for backup and redundancy
* Upgrading (Slony or similar)
* Data modeling
* Performance tuning
* Hardware planning, provisioning, scaling
* Monitoring
* Non-relational data caching experience a plus

Required Skills, Experience, Education:

* 5+ years Database Administrator experience
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
* Experience working in a software development team
* Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and work
closely with others
* Ability to manage multiple projects, and see each to a successful
conclusion
* Self motivated, able to work independently, and able to thrive in a
fast-paced environment

We can offer a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package
including medical, dental, vacation pay and 401(k). Please e-mail your
resume to jobs(at)conducivetech(dot)com(dot)

Conducive Technology is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant on any grounds protected under federal,
state or local law.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Arul SelvanDate: 2010-10-07 16:57:04