Re: Path question

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Path question
Date: 2010-09-29 01:27:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> All of this leaves me wondering why Greg ended up ifdefing out this
> code in the first place.  There's probably something I'm missing
> here...  but for now I can't think of a better idea than just removing
> the #ifdefs and hoping that whatever problem they were causing was
> limited to an earlier version of the code that no longer exists.

...and FAIL. I missed the blindingly obvious here, which is that
without these tests commented out, while it passes regression tests,
the merge append stuff stops working. I think for some reason without
this stuff in there the appropriate index paths fail to get generated
for the child rels.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company