Re: Can't use pgAdmin Version 10.12.1

From: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>
To: König, Monika (62-24) <monika(dot)koenig(at)bonn(dot)de>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't use pgAdmin Version 10.12.1
Date: 2010-10-22 09:35:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello Monika,

I just got reassured by Dave on the list that pgadmin3 in its newest
incarnation is build with visual C 9.

So, you can either:

a) try to put the corresponding Microsoft-Visual-C Libraries into the
directory with the pgadmin3.exe (that would be msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll; I
suspect that C 9.0 is marketing-called 2008, so the link would be:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en
)

b) dig deeper into the problem, by using depends.exe, which is part of that
toolkit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=49AE8576-9BB9-4126-9761-BA8011FABF38&displaylang=en

after downloading & extracting, use depends.exe with pgadmin3.exe; it will
show you the missing libraries (my guess is still the microsoft visual C
runtime library)

(for later googlers of this message: in the past Microsoft did not care to
preserve its URLs ... so those may be invalid shortly after now)

Best wishes,

Harald