Re: RPM question: Where to put psycopg2 files

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RPM question: Where to put psycopg2 files
Date: 2011-01-17 15:08:38
Lists: psycopg
> Honestly I don't know if it would

worth the hassle of adding conditional runtime import: probably not
> for the current set of conditional features, they are just a few.
>
> I also doubt it would be worth the hassle.

I think it would be very nice to expose the libpq-version (and quality of
this information as in "asked at compile time" or "asked right now, because
it is 9.1 or newer and we can do it") to the Python application: so the
application programmer would be able to issue workarounds like the
"bytea-encoding to escape".

best wishes,

Harald
--
Harald Armin Massa     www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL  Training, Services  and Support