Debug works, Release not

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debug works, Release not
Date: 2011-01-05 11:09:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

have you ever had the problem, that a Debug build works on windows and the
Release does not?
The problem is an access violation during appending items to a combobox.

I tried to disable optimization, without success.
It's difficult to provide a patch now, because the changes are not small.
Here is the problem line. I've also tried to remove
"if(connection->pgAgentMinimumVersion(4))".
I've included the upper section (pga_jobclass) to demonstrate the similarity
of the code - this works well!

I've added the cbEmailNotType-Combobox to the xrc file and also a pointer to
it. Have I forgotten something important, that is required for
a successful release?

File: dlgJob.cpp

#define cbEmailNotType CTRL_COMBOBOX("cbEmailNotType")

pgSet *jcl=connection->ExecuteSet(wxT("SELECT jclname FROM
pgagent.pga_jobclass"));
if (jcl)
{
while (!jcl->Eof())
{
cbJobclass->Append(jcl->GetVal(0));
jcl->MoveNext();
}
delete jcl;
}
if(connection->pgAgentMinimumSchemaVersion(4))
{
pgSet *mnk = connection->ExecuteSet(wxT("SELECT jmntypename FROM
pgagent.pga_jobmailnottype"));
if(mnk)
{
while(!mnk->Eof())
{
*cbEmailNotType->Append(mnk->GetVal(0));*
mnk->MoveNext();
}
delete mnk;
}

}

If there is not an obvious reason, I will send a complete patch until
weekend.

Regards,
Jasmin