Feature request: INSERT .... ON DUPLICATE UPDATE ....

From: Yourfriend <doudou586(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature request: INSERT .... ON DUPLICATE UPDATE ....
Date: 2010-11-29 00:44:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear all,

In our company, we use both PostgreSQL and MySQL, our developers include me
think that the "INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE UPDATE " clause is a much more user
friendly function,so, would you please add this liked function in
PostgreSQL, I know we can write PROCEDURE or RULE to solve this problem,but
compare to write PROCEDURE or RULE, it's apparently more easy to add an
"INSERT... ON DUPLICATE" clause, so, please consider our request to make
PostgreSQL more power.

Thanks all for great work to PostgreSQL.

Daojing.Zhou
2010/11/29