Re: Zeroing single tuple in data file.

From: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Matthew Walden <matthew(dot)walden(at)bcs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Zeroing single tuple in data file.
Date: 2010-11-22 07:18:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

I got access to corrupted DB... The SELECT COUNT(*) FROM users where
id_usr IS NULL returned error of invalid page header in one of the

And the ANALYZE users got me an error that one of the pg_clog files is

2010/11/21 Matthew Walden <matthew(dot)walden(at)bcs(dot)org>:
> Oh and could we please have the output from SELECT version(); too please.
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Matthew Walden <matthew(dot)walden(at)bcs(dot)org>
> wrote:
>> A few more information requests if you don't mind.
>> Can you analyze the table ie "ANALYZE USERS" without error?
>> Could you please paste the output from "\d+ users".
>> And try SELECT COUNT(*) FROM users WHERE id_usr IS NULL;
>> Is your database large?  Can you shut down the instance cleanly and take a
>> backup of it before making any further changes?
>> Could you also copy the mailing list into your reply please to ensure
>> others can see and possibly assist?

Łukasz Brodziak
"What if everyting around You isn't quite as it seems,
What if all the world You think You know is an inelaborate dream
When You look at Your reflection is that all you want it to be
What if You could look right through the cracks
Would You find Yourself...... Find Yourself afraid to see"