Re: BUG #5677: missing libuuid.so.16 library

From: Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andrew Geery <andrew(dot)geery(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5677: missing libuuid.so.16 library
Date: 2010-09-28 09:36:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Andrew,

I have fixed this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
Dharmendra

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Andrew Geery <andrew(dot)geery(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> Bug reference: 5677
> Logged by: Andrew Geery
> Email address: andrew(dot)geery(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0
> Operating system: Ubuntu 10.10
> Details:
>
> In 8.4, the one-click installer for Linux from EDB included the libuuid.so*
> libraries in the PGLIB directory. However, in the 9.0 one-click installer
> for Linux from EDB, these libraries are no longer included. On Ubuntu
> 10.10, attempting to run the uuid-ossp.sql script produces this error
> because of the missing libuuid* libraries:
>
> ERROR: could not load library
> "/opt/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/postgresql/uuid-ossp.so": libuuid.so.16: cannot
> SQL state: 58P01
>
> The workaround is to copy the libuuid* libraries from the 8.4 installation
> into the 9.0 PGLIB directory.
>
> Not sure why those libraries were removed in 9.0 -- I was unable to find an
> Ubuntu package that supplied libuuid.so.16. In /lib, there are
> libuuid.so.1
> and libuuid.so.1.3.0, but symbolically linking them to libuuid.so.16
> failed.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew
>
> --

Dharmendra Goyal
Senior Software Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Phone: +91-20-30589493
Mobile: +91-9552103323

Website: http://www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains
information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.