Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search

From: Howard Rogers <hjr(at)diznix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search
Date: 2010-07-28 01:58:40
Lists: pgsql-general
Thanks to some very helpful input here in earlier threads, I was
finally able to pull together a working prototype Full Text Search
'engine' on PostgreSQL and compare it directly to the way the
production Oracle Text works. The good news is that PostgreSQL is
bloody fast! The slightly iffy news is that the boss is now moaning
about possible training costs!

For what it's worth, I wrote up the performance comparison here:
http://diznix.com/dizwell/archives/153

Maybe it will be of use to anyone else wondering if it's possible to
do full text search and save a couple hundred thousand dollars whilst
you're at it!

Regards
HJR

pgsql-general by date