Re: pgAdmin III commit: Default role support in server configs, quick conne

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Default role support in server configs, quick conne
Date: 2010-08-24 21:19:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 24/08/2010 22:54, Dave Page a écrit :
>> This patch seems to have sizing issue on Windows - basically there
>> isn't enough space on the dialogue for all the controls now.
>>
>> It seems like we should move some onto an "Advanced" tab - but I'm
>> having a hard job persuading myself which should go (particularly as
>> we normally want a multi-line textbox on the first tab so it looks OK
>> when resized. The controls it makes most sense to move IMHO, are:
>>
>> Rolename
>> DB restriction
>> Service
>> Restore env?
>>
>> If we did that, I suppose the colour button could be resized vertically.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> I would keep less on the first tab. I think we should probably only keep
> the required ones. So:
>
>  * tab 1, name, port, host, ssl, username, password (and perhaps store
>   password
>  * tab 2, maintenance db, rolenamen restore env., db restriction,
>   service, connect now, colour, group.

I think maintenance DB should be on the first tab. I don't object to
moving connect now. Not sure about colour and group though - group I
think should be on the first tab - and colour seems be be a natural
partner to it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com