Re: pgAdmin III: adjust code as per new EDB AS90 functions/procedures semantics

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nikhil S <nixmisc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III: adjust code as per new EDB AS90 functions/procedures semantics
Date: 2011-02-21 15:46:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Feb 21, 2011 3:29 PM, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Thanks Nikhil.
>
> Are there any catalog changes with the refactoring, that change the
> way parameters are represented that need to be reflected elsewhere in
> pgFunction.cpp?
>
> Also, does anyone object to back-patching this? It's not a bug fix,
> but it does mean that we don't support corresponding versions of PPAS
> and PG in the same version of pgAdmin which seems undesirable.

I wasn't aware they were supposed to be? Is that new, or has it always been?

More to the point - is this the only thing needed to reach compatibility? If
so, i guess we can make an exception. If not, then there is no point without
doing a bunch of more patches for other things, in which case i will
object...

The
> patch is pretty straightforward and seems low risk.

This is of course a prerequisite in either case? I also assume it affects
only an edbas codepath?

/Magnus