Re: accout password

From: raghu ram <raghuchennuru(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fredy Khan <fredy18(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: accout password
Date: 2011-03-16 10:29:40
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Fredy Khan <fredy18(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello i have postgresql 9.0 and i am using windows xp. In command prompt i
> go to my installation bin c:\postgresql\9.0\bin n run pgsql.exe. The problem
> is that after that it asks for a password for my window account which is
> 'fredy' . I have not set any password n if i enter my user account password
> it dosnt work. i have also tried admin, postgres, etc but nothing works. I
> would appreciate elp in this matter. thank u

Could you please try below steps to connect the PostgreSQL Database::

1. Please issue the following command in the run box ( start --> run )  as

runas /user:postgres cmd

This command opens command prompt as a postgres user.

2. Now connect the database using below command:

cd c:\postgresql\9.0\bin

psql.exe -d postgres -p 5432 -U postgres

Password:: [Provide postgres user assigned password at the time of

--Raghu Ram