Bug with exceptionally long values.

From: Jeff Adams <jadams(at)azavea(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug with exceptionally long values.
Date: 2010-07-26 16:36:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

pgAdmin v1.10.3
Windows XP SP3
PostgreSQL 8.4.4

Any time I do a select that produces a really really long value,
instead of showing the value pgAdmin has a blank cell in the output.
The value is actually there if I right click and copy, then paste into
a text editor, just not displayed. The value in one test case was a
string 6.4 million characters long.

I would prefer to see something in that cell that indicates there is a
value too large to be displayed, as I thought my query was returning a
null or empty string at first, when in fact it was returning the
correct value and it was just not being displayed.

Thanks,
Jeff