Re: Forums at postgresql.com.au

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Elliot Chance <elliotchance(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Forums at postgresql.com.au
Date: 2010-11-19 16:56:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 14:19, Elliot Chance <elliotchance(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> The concept and completed model works very well but with one concern. As the mailing list will only accept mail coming from a subscribed address it is not possible to use a persons forum sign up email as who the email is being sent from (the mailing list would reject this obviously.) As no one knows of an API than can be used to register a persons address without confirming that address by email the only solution is to use a subscribed generic email with the persons name;

That is not exactly what I said. I said there is no official API. I
also pointed you to example code that did almost exactly that, and
that's running in production on the postgresql.org infrastructure. The
only difference being the NOMAIL part, and I doubt that's not doable
the same way.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/