Migrating Microsoft Project Files to PostgreSQL

From: "Sandahl, Dan" <Dan(dot)Sandahl(at)TriPointGlobal(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Migrating Microsoft Project Files to PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-09-27 18:44:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I am currently in the process of trying to migrate from using Microsoft
Project 2002 files (for storing project details) to using PostgreSQL
database. However, I have not been able to do this successfully.

When I try to use the ODBC driver, I initially got an error message about
'lo' not being in the catalog of available types. (This was corrected, by
following the instructions listed in the ODBC FAQ.
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/faq/faq.php?faq_id=52)

After correcting the 'lo' problem, I started receiving the error:

ERROR: Relation 'msp_projects_proj_opt_minut_seq' already exists.

I was successfully able to get around the relation error message by deleting
my original database and creating a new one. I then ran the
msproject2000.sql commands located in
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/sql/msproject2000.sql.

After completing the msproject2000.sql operations, I again tried to save a
Project file to the PostgreSQL via ODBC. However, after about 5 to 10
seconds of saving data, Microsoft Project crashes from within the
pj10od10.dll.

Microsoft Project 2002 (Version 10.0.2104.1305) SP-1
PostgreSQL (Version 7.2)
PSQLODBC (Version 7.03.0200)

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Daniel J. Sandahl
--
Daniel J. Sandahl <Dan(dot)Sandahl(at)tripointglobal(dot)com>
VertexRSI - Controls & Structures Division