Problems connecting to the database -_mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_type: Permission denied

From: "Gavani, Uma" <UGavani(at)intrusion(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems connecting to the database -_mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_type: Permission denied
Date: 2003-08-29 14:32:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I am running into problems when attempting to connect to the database.
The server(version 7.3.2-1PGDG) starts just fine.

Running to some permission problems:

psql dbuser
ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_type: Permission denied
psql: ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_type: Permission
denied
LOG: pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer

dbuser owns all the tables and the database.
This used to work fine before.

I am new to postgres, I couldn't find any other post which was
similar.

Thank you,

Uma.