Re: Qt3

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Qt3
Date: 2001-11-23 10:50:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yup, sounds good. I was intending to look at C# when we get to that stage.
It sounds like a nice idea with the power of C/C++ & the ease of use of VB
($DEITY I should be in marketing!). Anyway, there is already an effort to
produce an open source .NET framework & C# compiler underway (I forget who's
doing it, someone well known anyway - I read about it on
www.theregister.co.uk)

> What are the guidelines for installing pgAdmin II under Wine?
> Is there a need to set up a Linux RPM?

There are no guidelines at the moments. Mark has done the work and was going
to write a howto but he's been pretty busy recently. At the moment, I think
you still need to non-redistributable M$ files, so you'd need a Windows
licence, but seeing as you can't really buy a PC without these days, most
people probably have one even if they don't use it.

As for RPMs, personally I try not to use them (I prefer tar -zxvf
...;./configure;make) etc. I can see that they're good though, it's just a
shame a lot of Linux distros (including Slackware which I use) and most(?)
other *nixes don't support them.

/D