Re: run-time error 429

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Linn Kubler'" <lkubler(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: run-time error 429
Date: 2001-11-08 08:34:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

[snip]

> Thanks for responding so quickly Dave. I tried reinstalling with my
> personal account, which I had added to the administrator's group
> earlier for testing purposes. It now works for the real
> Administrator
> and myself. I removed my account from the administrator's group
> as a test and it still works for me. This is good.
>
> I tested another user account, a power user on this system, and
> that account had the same problem. Do I have to reinstall
> pgAdmin for each user account? I would really prefer some way to
> make it so it works for all users on this system.

Hi Linn,

You certainly shouldn't have to re-install it for each user. Unfortunately
one of the new 'features' in Windows 2000 is th ability to register ActiveX
components for individual users, or the whole system. Obviously the former
is happening in your case.

The Wise Installer that we use appears to be defaulting to per user - I've
added a property to the distribution that *should* force it to machine based
if the installing user has admin privileges, or user based if not. This will
be in the next release.

Regards, Dave.