Re: Connect problem

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Mike Hedman'" <mikehedman(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connect problem
Date: 2001-11-06 08:09:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Mike,

Try switching on 'system Objects' on the view menu - template1 is classed as
a system object.

I would suggest however that you *not* use template1 for your data; there
are 2 template databases by default, template0 & template1. template0 is a
blank database that cannot be modified, but template1 (which is the default
and is copied when you create a new database) is a blank database that can
be modified. This is to allow system administrators to add objects to
template1 that they want to appear in all new databases. Typically this
might include the definitions for pl/pgsql (or another procedural language),
or some useful functions.

Hth, regards, Dave.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Anil JangamDate: 2001-11-06 11:34:13