Re: [pgadmin-hackers] What about CREATE OR REPLACE FUNC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] What about CREATE OR REPLACE FUNC
Date: 2001-10-08 14:27:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I tried postgresql.rmplc.co.uk and got one (apparently) dated 7 Oct, however
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION didn't seem to be there (it certainly doesn't
work anyway - syntax error at OR). I then looked in the primary copy on
mail.postgresql.org and found the copy there was dated 30 Sept from which I
assumed that the 07/10/2001 date on rm's copy was actually a US date - that
site has been seriously out of date before.

> and I don't know the
> magic that has to be worked on the PostgreSQL CVS version of the
> configure script in order to make it run without barfing.

News to me that it requires any magic at all; I use it almost daily without
problems. Why doesn't it work for you?

I've tried it a few times and I always get something like:

root(at)tux1:/usr/local/src/pgsql# ./configure
su: ./configure: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
root(at)tux1:/usr/local/src/pgsql# sh ./configure
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
'/configure: line 127: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'/configure: line 127: `do
root(at)tux1:/usr/local/src/pgsql#

I always assumed that something is done when the tarballs are built as the
work just fine on the same machine. The only odd thing I can think of is
that my copy of the source is maintained on my PC using WinCVS and was
zipped/ftp'd onto a test box.

Regards, Dave.