Re: Please HELP ODBC connection problems

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Peter Drahos'" <pdrahos(at)mediaone(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please HELP ODBC connection problems
Date: 2001-10-07 09:04:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

> I have been trying to get this ODBC working already for some
> time with no
> success. I can ping the machine that is hosting the database
> I wrote some
> php tests to make sure I get some results and that works
> fine, but when I
> try to connect from my NT 4.0 machine I get Could not connect to the
> server; Could not connect to remote socket. Following is an
> error message
> from pgAdmin connecting.
>
> Can anybody please shed some light on this? Should I upgrade
> to the latest
> version of Postgresql???

That will probably not fix this problem.

What hostname/ip address are you specifying in the pgAdmin logon dialogue -
is it definitely a match for one of your pg_hba.conf entries?

Also, does netstat -a on the server indicate that a process is listening on
port 5432? If not, try starting the postmaster with the -i option incase
it's not picking up the default options for some reason.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Peter DrahosDate: 2001-10-07 15:01:42
Previous:From: Peter DrahosDate: 2001-10-07 07:59:40
Subject: Please HELP ODBC connection problems