Re: Elephant splash screen

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Jean-Michel POURE'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Elephant splash screen
Date: 2001-09-22 18:46:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hmm, I've not see the dragon before, but even so, the dragon is a 'cute'
cartoon character, whereas the elephant looks mor like something I'd give to
my 2 year-old daughter. It is a very good elephant, just not quote right for
pgAdmin.

> As the elephant is the official logo of PostgreSQL, it would be nice to
> show an elephant in pgAdmin
> I will upload 2 other proposals in CVS/images and get back to the last
> version of frmSplashScreen.
>
> The association between PostgreSQL (elephant) and pgAdmin (elephant)
sounds
> nice to me.

Agreed. I have played with versions of Slonik (the PostgreSQL logo) but
didn't get anything I was happy with.

I think we should wait to see what Max comes up with and then consider all
the options and make a formal decision about it between the dev team
(currently myself, you and Mark). That may sound like you will be outvoted
as Mark & I know each other so well, but trust me, he probably likes your
elephant far more than me - he's into cartoon/animal type logos!

Later, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date