RE: [GENERAL] How to get timestamped pgsql logging?

From: "Culberson, Philip" <philip(dot)culberson(at)dat(dot)com>
To: "'Ed Loehr'" <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] How to get timestamped pgsql logging?
Date: 1999-12-17 19:41:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Ed,

My own notes on how to get timestamped error logs refer to the file
"...src/include/utils/elog.h". There is a commented out "#define
ELOG_TIMESTAMPS" line in that header as well. Since version 6.4, I have
always uncommented THAT line and I get timestamps in my error logs... can't
tell you why it doesn't work by doing it in the config.h file...

(I am currently using version 6.5.2, so it may have changed in the most
recent version.)

Hope this helps!

Phil Culberson