After upgrade cleanup

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: After upgrade cleanup
Date: 2008-06-19 13:13:28
Lists: pgsql-admin
Greetings, one and all,

I just did an upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.3.  We'll go up to 8.3.3 very
soon, but for reasons I won't go into, this intermediate step was
necessary.  My problem is, now that the upgrade is done, how can I
clean up the database from the old version.  I leave the original
database up as long as I can when I do an upgrade just in case I need
to revert to it.  Now I have the databases from two versions on my
server and I need to get rid of the old one.  Can I just remove the
old files from the data directories?  With other systems, I've had
trouble removing database files because upgrades use certain files
from old versions.  I don't want to break my new database.  I'm on
Solaris 10.

Thanks,

Carol

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Peter KovacsDate: 2008-06-19 13:15:31