Encoding using the Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP

From: Raimon Fernandez <coder(at)montx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Encoding using the Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP
Date: 2009-11-19 16:05:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I'm trying to send some strings that have chars outside from standar ascii, like çñàèó

Once I'm connected, the client and server both uses UT8Encoding.

And I'm sending all the strings encoded in UTF8.

At least the received ones are working, as I get the text exactly as it is, with special chars.

But when I'm trying to update a row using some of them, I'm getting an error:

ERROR
08P01
Invalid string in message
pqformat.c