Re: Enabling connection pooling by default

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andrei Kovalevski" <andyk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Enabling connection pooling by default
Date: 2008-10-15 15:21:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Thank you.

So the program flow should be

1. Read registry key
2. It it does not exists or is zero, application requires registry write
access and wrote this key with value 60

Is this best solution ?
Or is there some ODBC api function which can used for this ?

I'm bit confused by the fact that pooling is not turned on by default.
So almost every PostgreSQL ODBC application does not use pooling.

Is connection pooling tested and works OK with unicode driver ?
Can pooling turned on by default in next driver release ?