creating database system under Windows 2000 [i.e., running 'initd b']

From: "Erion, Paul" <PErion(at)eCompanies(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: creating database system under Windows 2000 [i.e., running 'initd b']
Date: 2000-11-29 19:57:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I've gone through Kevin Lo's directions for installing PostgreSQL on Windows
2000 -- but I blew it when I ran "initdb". Even though the directions said
not to run this command as administrator ... I did. Now I'm wondering how I
can correct my mistake. Is it a simple matter of deleting "template1" or is
there more?

I guess there's another [stupid] question lurking here ... how do I go about
running "initdb" without being the administrator? I take it I need to run
"bash" as something other than the administrator, am I close?

Thanks,

:Paul