Current Driver and Mac OS X Build questions

From: Andrew Satori <dru(at)druware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Current Driver and Mac OS X Build questions
Date: 2006-11-17 19:25:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Gents,

I just got finished building the current driver on Mac OS X and
before I file a bug and write a patch, I wanted to check to see if
this is a by design deal or just an omission.

First, a default ./configure fails to add the -liodbc to the ldflags,
this must be forced using --with-iodbc

Second, ./configure --with-iodbc fails to link due to missing symbols
_CONNLOCK_ACQUIRE (and related). The issue is that in connection.h,
there is a definition for that function if multi-threading is
enabled, but if you don't explicitly define --enable-pthread there is
no definiection for CONNLOCK_AQUIRE and friends.

So, is this by intent? second, what is the desired behaviour for
non-pthread builds?

Andy