Postgres, OS X Tiger, and launchd

From: Nicholas Tulach <ntulach(at)mac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres, OS X Tiger, and launchd
Date: 2005-05-07 02:02:44
Lists: pgsql-ports
I spent the last few hours attempting to get Postgres to start via
launchd in OS X Tiger, so I thought I'd share with the community what
I ended up doing:

I created a file called "org.postgres.PostgreSQL.plist", which I'm
including at the end of this message.

Simply place the file in the /Library/LaunchAgents folder, restart,
and Voila!  Your DB server should be running.

Feel free to email me if you've got ?s.

Here is the file (between the equals signs at the top and bottom)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://">
<plist version="1.0">
     <string>PostgreSQL Database Server</string>

pgsql-ports by date