Re: compare date in two rows

From: "Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "LALIT KUMAR" <lalit(dot)jss(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compare date in two rows
Date: 2011-06-17 11:32:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, Kumar.

4get bout my previous question it is not really necessary.
Try this out and tell me if it solved your problem.

Best,
Oliveiros

UPDATE yourTable
SET "Label" = 1
FROM (
SELECT x."Date" as "Date",x."Village_name" as "Village_name",MAX(y."Date") as anterior
FROM yourTable x
JOIN yourTable y
ON y."Village_name" = x."Village_name"
AND y."Date" < x."Date"
GROUP BY x."Date",x."Village_name"
) umq
WHERE umq."Date" = yourTable."Date"
AND umq."Village_name" = yourTable."Village_name"
AND
yourTable."Date" - umq.anterior > 120