Re: Postgres and Crystal Reports

From: Godshall Michael <Michael_Godshall(at)gmachs(dot)com>
To: "'Williams, Travis L, NEO '" <tlw(at)att(dot)com>, 'David Rickard ' <David(dot)Rickard(at)GTScompanies(dot)com>, "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org '" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: 'Judith Strawser ' <judiths(at)GTScompanies(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Postgres and Crystal Reports
Date: 2003-10-29 04:29:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I use Postgresql and crystal 9.0 SP1 everyday.

I use PgadminII or III with the odbc driver prior to the latest release.

What version of Crystal are you using? The other day I believe I saw
Crystal had released a service pack/monthly hot fix which fixed a bug with
reporting against postgresql databases. It was that Crystal was expecting a
Memo type instead of text? Search the crystal knowledge base and I am sure
you can find it.

The only problem I have had with Crystal and Postgresql is that if you use
Schemas that you cannot report directly against a table if it is not in the
public schema. You can create a view which references the table and that
will show up in the database expert but selecting a table generates a "not
implemented error."