We are looking for a sharp individual with good Production DB
administration experience who wants to become a member of a growing
community of PostgreSQL users and architects. Perpetual is taking it to
the next level, Massive Online Gaming!
Perpetual Entertainment is an innovative, San Francisco-based developer,
publisher, and operator of networked, multiplayer, and massively
multiplayer online games (MMOGs). Founded and staffed by industry
veterans dedicated to the vision that playing games together is simply
more fun, more challenging, and more rewarding than simply playing
Perpetual Entertainment is realizing this vision with two AAA titles,
Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising and Star Trek Online. Both games utilize the
Perpetual Entertainment Platform, another core product and the answer to
the traditional struggles of developing massively multiplayer online
games. The Platform allows game developers to focus on their game's
potential rather than its technology.
Perpetual has partnered with EnterpriseDB, a provider of an optimized
and enhanced PostgreSQL. Full training will be provided. See
www.enterprisedb.com for more information.
CURRENTLY HIRING - PRODUCTION DBA
Here's the official job description. We look forward to hearing from
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the daily administration of our data servers;
management of game, platform (ecommerce, customer service) and
OLAP/reporting DB instances.
* Installs, maintains and upgrades database software.
* Perform maintenance and upgrades of application schema
components and database structures.
* Maintain database backup and recovery environment; verify
operation of backup strategy and data integrity; develop recovery
procedures; support recovery from loss of data.
* Monitor database replication; conduct recovery, failover as
* Run database consistency checks and maintenance procedures and
fix as needed.
* Maintain data security through appropriate access controls.
* Monitor data server performance, availability, capacity, and
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve real-time database issues.
* Involved with performance tuning to improve performance.
* Monitor database growth and provide input to overall system
* Maintains knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art
technology, equipment and systems.
* Participate in on-call DBA rotation.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3 or more years relevant experience including implementation,
administration, and support of production database systems
* Thorough knowledge of DBMS protocols; Experience with relevant
Java, etc) a plus.
* The ideal candidate will have primary expertise with PostgreSQL
8.X on Linux. (Equivalent Oracle experience considered, must be willing
to learn PostgreSQL)
* Linux scripting skills.
* Experience with optimization and troubleshooting techniques to
address performance problems on SQL Server
* Proficient in installing, monitoring and tuning database
* Proficient in the coding of SQL and database stored procedures.
* Able to use Linux operating systems and utilities to assist in
the implementation and management of database management systems.
* Proficient in appropriate testing methods.
* Must be a self-starter and an excellent communicator
Perpetual offers a fun, energetic work atmosphere, competitive salary
and benefits and really cool co-workers. We'd love to hear from you and
respond to each and every inquiry (assuming it's somewhat related to
this post). Please no phone calls.
We look forward to receiving your resumes. Please send them to
149 New Montgomery St., 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Jason Heydorn||Date: 2007-05-24 15:35:37|
|Subject: PostgreSQL for Cricket Communications|
|Previous:||From: Haim Schoppik||Date: 2007-05-22 15:56:22|
|Subject: Update: Etsy.com PG DBA Location NYC/SF/Telecommute|