Libpq.dll: File not recognized

From: "Bidski" <bidski(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Libpq.dll: File not recognized
Date: 2010-06-30 22:23:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi all,

I downloaded the "one-click" installer for PostgreSQL 9.0 beta2 for Windows x64 (postgresql-9.0.0-beta2-windows-x64.exe) and installed it on my Windows 7 64 bit system. Installation seemed to go off without a hitch, but when I tried to link to libpq in my project I received the following error.

    C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\lib/libpq.dll: file not recognized: File format not recognized

    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I originally thought that this might have something to do with the use of different compilers/linkers (compiler/linker that I am using compared to the one used with to build libpq), but now Im not so sure.

Some system info.....

OS: Windows 7 64-bit

MSYS ver: 1.0.14

MinGW ver: 4.5.0

Make ver: GNU make 3.81

If it matters ..... My IDE is Eclipse Galileo and I am compiling my project using the MinGW toolchain.

Regards

Bidski

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: John R PierceDate: 2010-06-30 22:34:25